Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
Depending on the age of the child, signs of possible hearing loss can vary. They include not startling at loud sounds, speech delay, or academic difficulties.
- Not startling at loud noises
- Unable to localize sounds
- Not showing normal speech development
Toddler and Older:
- Speech and language delays
- Academic difficulties/delays
- Needing louder than “normal” volume to hear television
- Needing multiple verbal repetitions
- Stating that he/she is having difficulty hearing
Children with hearing loss have a variety of treatments available to them, but early screening and detection is key when it comes to their success. At Advanced Audiology Institute, we offer newborn hearing screenings as well as evaluations for children of all ages.
Contact us today to schedule your child’s hearing assessment and give them the tools they need to succeed.